Marmalade adds gorgeous shine and bright flavor to this beautiful twisted loaf.
Orange Marmalade Twist Bread
Makes 1 (10-inch) loaf
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot water (120° to 130°)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup orange marmalade
- For dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add sour cream, melted butter, ¼ cup hot water, and eggs; beat at low speed until a soft dough forms. Switch to the dough hook attachment; beat for 8 minutes. Cover bowl with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- For filling: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and marmalade.
- Line a 10-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- On a heavily floured surface, roll dough into an 18x10-inch rectangle. Spread with filling, leaving a 1-inch border on long sides of dough. Starting with one long side, tightly roll up dough, jelly-roll style, and press edge to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut roll in half lengthwise. Carefully twist dough pieces around each other, and form into a circle. Place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°) until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Brush with additional orange marmalade.
Find more recipes for your winter baking in our newest issue of Taste of the South.