It’s the orange and lime zests that make these treats so tasty.
Orange Crinkle Cookies
Makes about 23
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed orange zest
- 2 teaspoons packed lime zest
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup granulated sugar and zests until fully incorporated. Whisk in melted butter, egg, egg yolk, orange juice, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture in two additions, folding until well combined after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, place confectioners’ sugar. In another small bowl, place remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar.
- Using a 1-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough and shape into balls. Roll in granulated sugar; roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until edges are set and cracks have formed, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on pans.