Filled with the flavors of the classic Creamsicle, these dreamy bars take us right back to our childhood summers.
Orange Cream Bars
- 1½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⅛ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup orange crème yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Garnish: orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, granulated sugar, and salt. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. With mixer on low speed, add confectioners’ sugar and yogurt, beating until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl. Add orange zest and juice and flour, beating until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are set and center is slightly jiggly, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan. Garnish with zest, if desired.