These luscious Nutella Fudge Cookies are the perfect start to fall baking.
Nutella Fudge Cookies
Yield: approximately 1½ dozen cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- ¼ cup sparkling sugar
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium-high speed with a mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, beating at low speed until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop dough into mounds (approximately 2 tablespoons each). Using your hands, roll into balls. Sprinkle work surface with sugar. Using a rolling pin, flatten balls into 4-inch rounds. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread into center of each round, leaving a 1-inch border. Gather edges of dough, pinching together to enclose filling. Place on pan, pinched side down. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake until firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/