Start your party off right with a spin on the classic muffuletta sandwich turned Muffuletta Pinwheels.
- 1 cup olive salad, drained well*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices Genoa salami
- 8 slices capocollo
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive salad, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold 1 pastry sheet. Spoon half of olive salad mixture onto pastry sheet, leaving a ½-inch border on top edge. Layer half of provolone, half of salami, half of capocollo, and half of prosciutto on top of olive salad. Starting with bottom edge, roll up pastry, jelly roll style, pressing seam to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet, olive salad, cheese, and meats. Place both logs on 1 prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Carefully cut each log crosswise into 8 slices. Place slices, cut side down, 2 inches apart, on prepared pans (8 rolls per pan).
- Brush with egg, and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve warm.
*We used Boscoli Family Italian Olive Salad