Here’s a fun idea that all ages will love, and it’s perfect for any entertaining you’ll be doing this month! Take your potato tots from ordinary to extraordinary using Bacon Up® Bacon Grease. Not only will this keep multiple guests entertained in a tasty and creative way, but its customizations are limitless. Whether you are repurposing leftovers or designing a memorable “brunch bar,” you can set your toppings out so everyone can create their own plate. With its triple-filtered, shelf-stable flavor, Bacon Up® Bacon Grease is a delicious way to add another layer of flavor to your Loaded Potato Tot Nacho Bar.
- Potato Tot Nachos
- • Bacon Up® Bacon Grease*
- • 1 bag (32-ounce) frozen potato tots
- • 1 cup Chili with beans, homemade or canned
- • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese OR Queso
- • 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- Garnish: Pickled Jalapeños (recipe follows), Sriracha Crema (recipe follows), chopped red onion, fresh cilantro
- Pickled Jalapeños
- • ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- • ½ cup water
- • 1 clove garlic, sliced
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
- • 1 teaspoon sea salt
- • 4 jalapeños, sliced
- Sriracha Crema
- • ½ cup sour cream
- • 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- • 1 lime, juiced
- • Flaked sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- To a large pot (or deep fryer), add enough Bacon Up® Bacon Grease to fry in. Heat to 375°.
- Slowly drop a basket of potato tots into the grease, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain tots onto a paper towel, season with salt and transfer to a cast-iron skillet or baking pan. Repeat until all tots are finished.
- Spread tots in a single layer, add heated chili** to the tots, and top with shredded Cheddar or drizzled queso.
- Place the skillet back into the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with Pickled Jalapeños, Sriracha Crema, red onion, cilantro and– OR set these toppings out in bowls and allow everyone to create their own customized “nacho tots.”
- Serve and enjoy!
- Pickled Jalapeños: In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, garlic, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the sliced jalapeños to the pickling mixture, stirring well. Remove from heat, and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Transfer the jalapeños to a jar, and pour just enough liquid to cover. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sriracha Crema: In a small bowl, mix sour cream, Sriracha, sea salt and lime juice. Let sit, unrefrigerated, for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
If frying, we would recommend following the guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Many of the smaller, countertop fryers have a 6-cup capacity. If using a pot, the rule of thumb is that it should be at least 5” deep and then be filled with 3” of oil. Bacon Up® 14-ounce tubs are the equivalent of 2 cups of oil.
When baking with Bacon Up®!
• Preheat the oven to 450°.
• Melt 2 tablespoons of Bacon Up® on a cookie sheet.
• Layer the potato tots on the baking sheet, and toss around until well covered.
• Cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
• Proceed to top and garnish with your favorites, as above.
**Make sure you heat up chili for best results.
For more from Bacon Up® Bacon Grease, visit them at https://baconup.com/ today!