Store-bought tart shells make these tartlets a cinch to prepare. Make the filling a day ahead, and store in the refrigerator until ready to fill and bake tarts.
Mixed Greens Tartlets
Yield: 30 mini tarts
Write a review
- 30 mini phyllo tart shells, such as Athens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 10 cups chopped fresh mixed greens, such as beet, Swiss chard, and spinach
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tart shells on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until translucent, approximately 8 minutes. Add greens, two handfuls at a time, stirring and allowing to wilt in between additions. Stir in lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, cheese, and dill; cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let cool 5 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in egg. Spoon mixture into tart shells.
- Bake until set, approximately 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/