Try a taste of this silky-smooth chocolaty delight.
Mississippi Mud Pie
Makes 1 (9-Inch) Pie
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package cook-and- serve chocolate pudding
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and ½ cup melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine ⅓ cup butter and 2 ounces chocolate. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir and microwave for 30 seconds more until butter and chocolate are melted. Stir in remaining 1 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, and flour, stirring until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cover and bake until puffed, 15 to 20 minutes more. Let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pudding, cream, and remaining 2 ounces chopped chocolate. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over base. Chill for at least 8 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping.