Make any get-together better by serving this fun dessert dip.
Mississippi Mud Dip
Makes About 6 Servings
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallows, toasted chopped pecans, brownies, and finely chopped chocolate, to serve
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt; whisk in 1½ cups milk. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ½ cup milk and egg yolks. Whisk half of hot milk mixture into egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly. Whisk egg yolk mixture into remaining milk mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Serve with marshmallows, pecans, brownies, and chocolate.