Bring the party to any gathering with these fun, sprinkle-studded mini ice cream cakes.
Miniature Rainbow Sprinkle Ice Cream Cakes
- ½ gallon strawberry ice cream, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ cups self-rising flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles*
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: rainbow sprinkles
- Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- Spoon softened ice cream into prepared pan, and spread in an even, thick layer. Freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottom of a 15×10-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in sprinkles. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a spatula.
- Bake until top is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched in center, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Using a 2¼-inch fluted round cutter, cut cake, twisting cutter, into 24 rounds. Place 12 rounds on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Using a 2¼-inch round cutter dipped in water, cut 12 circles from ice cream. Place ice cream circles onto 12 cake rounds on baking sheet. Top with remaining cake rounds. Freeze until firm.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, and almond extract with a mixer at high speed just until stiff peaks form. Dollop cream mixture over cakes. Garnish with rainbow sprinkles, if desired.
*We used Betty Crocker Rainbow Sprinkles.