Brighten up your day with these sweets.
Mini Peach Tarts
- 1½ cups sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1½ cups plus ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine almonds, 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar, egg white, almond extract, and salt. Process until smooth. Scoop out 12 (2-teaspoon) balls; cover. Save remaining almond mixture for anotheruse.
- In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, honey, ginger, zest, and vanilla. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll out any seams in pastry dough with a rolling pin dusted with flour. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 12 (3-inch) squares. Transfer to prepared pan. Using a knife, score each pastry square ¼ inch from edges. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water until foamy. Brush pastry squares with egg wash. Flatten almond mixture balls to fit in center of each pastry square, leaving about ¾-inch border around edges. Place 2 peach slices on top of each square. Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons remaining liquid from peach mixture and remaining ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth, adding more liquid, if necessary. Drizzle over tarts to serve.