Perfectly cool and creamy, these individually sized pies are fun for the whole family.
Mini Coconut Cream Icebox Pies
Yields: 4 (6-Inch) Pies
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and salt. Add melted butter, stirring just until moistened. Divide crumb mixture among 4 (6-inch) cast-iron skillets, pressing into bottom and up sides. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- For filling: In a large saucepan, bring 2½ cups milk and granulated sugar to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cornstarch, and remaining ½ cup milk. Gradually add half of hot milk mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to remaining hot milk mixture, whisking to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, vanilla, and salt. Fold in coconut. Let cool for 5 minutes. Divide filling among prepared crusts. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- For topping: In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until thickened. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream onto pies. Top with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.