“Not too sweet, these mini cheesecakes are made with creamy, mild goat cheese and are lighter than their cream cheese counterparts. Send home extras with each supper club member, or be sneaky and keep them for yourself!” – Gena Knox
Mini Cheesecakes with Marinated Strawberries
Yield: 18 servings
Write a review
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 11 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, separated and divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- FIRST Preheat oven to 350°. In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add melted butter, pulsing to combine. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Place a heaping tablespoon of crumb mixture into each cup. Using your fingers, press mixture into bottom of liners. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 7 minutes.
- NEXT In a medium bowl, beat goat cheese, sugar, honey, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add half of egg yolks, beating until smooth. Add remaining egg yolks, beating just until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Set aside. In another medium bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Stir in half of egg white mixture into batter until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined. Spoon 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake until set but still soft in center, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- LAST In a medium bowl, stir together strawberries, sugar, and vinegar. Let stand 15 minutes. To serve, carefully peel away liners from cakes. Top with strawberry mixture.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/