Goat cheese and thyme work in tandem to dress up sweet potatoes for Easter dinner.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese
Makes about 7 cups
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme, ground black pepper
- In a small Dutch oven, bring potatoes, broth, cream, salt, thyme, and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are very tender and liquid has reduced, 15 to 20 minutes. Add goat cheese; mash until liquid and goat cheese are absorbed into potatoes. Garnish with thyme and pepper, if desired.