Ribbons of rich chocolate make this Bundt cake even more irresistible.
Marbled Pound Cake
Yields: 10-12 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternating with 1 cup cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, place 3 cups batter. Stir in cocoa and remaining 3 tablespoons cream until combined. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Alternating flavors, spoon batters into pan. Using a knife, gently swirl batter. Tap pan on counter twice to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.