Maple-Chipotle Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (approximately 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and coriander. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan. Cook until chicken is lightly browned and can be easily turned, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, and remove pan from heat.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, sweet potatoes, onion, maple syrup, and chipotle pepper, tossing well. Spoon sweet potato mixture around chicken in pan. Place skillet in oven, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in chicken registers 165° (be careful that thermometer doesn’t touch bone) and sweet potatoes are tender, approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven; squeeze lemon wedges over chicken and sweet potatoes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/