You don’t have to own a vintage churn to treat yourself to the glory of homemade butter. Extra creamy and pure in flavor, it takes every recipe to the next level.
1. Heat cream to 70° Add buttermilk; let stand overnight. Uncover and stir.
2. Use a food processor to process mixture until butter and cream separate, about 4 minutes.
3. Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve lined with layers of cheesecloth.
4. Knead butter solids. Wipe up released liquid; rinse under cold water. Repeat 3 times.
5. Knead butter again. Add salt, if desired.
6. Pack into container. Cover and refrigerate.
Look no further for our go-to recipe for Cultured Butter.