Macadamia nuts bring an added richness to this already irresistible fudge.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Line an 8x5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pan by 2 inches. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, half-and-half, chocolate, corn syrup, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and chocolate melts. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 234°. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. (Do not stir.)
- Let stand until a candy thermometer reads 110°, approximately 50 minutes. Stir until smooth and no longer glossy. (Mixture will be thick.) Spread mixture in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts, pressing lightly. Let cool until set.
- Using foil as handles, lift fudge from pan. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/