This hearty, creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the ultimate comfort food, and so easy to make!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Write a review
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon, chopped, fresh dill, shredded Cheddar cheese, ground black pepper
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, 1½ cups water, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours or until tender, or on low 9 hours. Using a potato masher, mash to desired consistency. Stir in cream and remaining ½ cup water, if needed. Garnish servings with bacon, dill, cheese, and pepper, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/