Linda Skeens became a viral sensation overnight for her blue-ribbon recipes, and now, she’s sharing even more, including her Cheddar-Pecan Cheese Ball and Stuffed Jalapeños!
Linda's Cheddar-Pecan Cheese Ball
Makes 1 (1¼-pound) ball
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) block Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 6 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons pimientos (small jar)
- Dash salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers, to serve
- Mix together cream cheese, Cheddar, lemon juice, bell pepper, onion, pimientos, and salt. Shape cheese mixture into a ball. Roll cheese ball in chopped pecans, and serve your choice of sturdy crackers.
Makes 66 servings
- 1 pound mild sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 33 jalapeños*, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until brown. Set aside.
- Mix together cream cheese and Parmesan; add sausage and mix well. Stuff the peppers with cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
*Please use gloves to seed peppers. They can be hot!
Out this summer, Linda’s premier cookbook features more than 100 of her award-winning and family-favorite recipes. Preorder your copy at lindaskeensblueribbon.com.