Having a batch of this Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate means you’re always close to a sweet treat.
Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Lemon peel, pith removed (1 small lemon)
- 7 cup size bags black tea*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup water, to serve
- Ice, to serve
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 cups water, sugar, and lemon peel. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add tea bags; cover and steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain mixture, discarding solids. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.
- To serve, combine ¾ cup water with ¼ cup tea mixture. Pour over ice.
*We used Luzianne Iced Tea.