Thyme-and lemon-infused butter adds bright flavor and richness to earthy asparagus.
Lemon-Thyme Buttered Asparagus
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup Lemon-Thyme Butter (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon zest, Lemon-Thyme Butter
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, ¼ cup water, and salt; cover and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Lemon-Thyme Butter, tossing to coat. Garnish with zest and Lemon-Thyme Butter, if desired.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprig
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, zest, and thyme until combined. Spread butter mixture into a butter dish or small container. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.