Wow your guests with these beautiful Lemon-Spice Linzer Cookies.
Lemon Spice Linzer Cookies
Yield: approximately 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and zest. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1⁄8 inch thick. Using a 2-inch fluted square cutter, cut as many cookies as possible, rerolling scraps as needed. Place 1 inch apart on prepared pans. Using various 1⁄2-inch cutters, cut out centers from half of cookies.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on pans.
- Spread 1 teaspoon lemon curd on flat side of whole cookies; top with cutout cookies, flat side down. Sift confectioners’ sugar over assembled cookies. Store in airtight containers up to 3 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/