Lemon-Herb Marinated Flank Steak
Yields: 5 Servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (2.5-pound) flank steak
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced zucchini, sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Garnish: fresh parsley, fresh basil
- In a medium bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, and red pepper. Add parsley, basil, and garlic. Reserve 1⁄2 cup marinade for serving.
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over steak. Seal bag; refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle steak with remaining teaspoons salt and black pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Grill steak over direct heat, covered, turning occasionally, until desired degree of doneness is reached, about 8 minutes per side for medium. Remove from grill, and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Grill zucchini, red onion, and tomatoes over direct heat until grill marks form, about 5 minutes (use skewers, if desired).
- To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain. Drizzle with reserved 1⁄2 cup marinade. Serve with grilled zucchini, red onion, and tomato. Garnish with parsley and basil, if desired.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s May/June 2017 issue!