These melt-in-your-mouth Lemon Bars are the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 21⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 lemons, zested and juiced
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add 2 cups flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt, beating at medium-low speed until combined. Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1⁄2 cup flour until frothy. Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before cutting into bars. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s January/February 2017 issue!