Enjoy the flavors of a favorite Florida pie with these pretty pastries.
Key Lime Pie Rolls
Makes 9 rolls
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons lime zest (5 small limes)
- Sweet Roll Dough
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Key Lime Glaze (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, divided
Key Lime Glaze
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and zest.
- Punch down Sweet Roll Dough and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18×12-inch rectangle. Using a small offset spatula, spread butter onto dough. Sprinkle with lime-sugar mixture, leaving a ½-inch border on one short side. Starting with opposite short side, roll up dough, jelly roll style; pinch seam to seal. Gently shape log to 13½ inches long; even thickness of log, if needed. Using a serrated knife dipped in flour, cut log into 9 (1½-inch-thick) slices. Place slices, cut side down, and evenly spaced on prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°) until puffed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water. Brush rolls with egg wash.
- Bake until lightly golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 190°, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes. Place Key Lime Glaze in a small bowl; dip tops of rolls into glaze. Sprinkle each roll with 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs.
Key Lime Glaze
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and well combined.