This cool and creamy dessert can be made the night before and is a great addition to any potluck spread.
Key Lime Icebox Cake
Makes 1 (13x9-inch) cake
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup Key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3½ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 27 sheets graham crackers (about 14 ounces)
- ¼ cup clover honey
- Garnish: lime zest
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, Key lime juice, zest, mint, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, beat 2 cups cream and ½ teaspoon vanilla with a mixer atmedium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold cream mixture into condensed milk mixture in three additions until well combined.
- Place about one-third of graham crackers in an even layer over the bottom of a 13x9-inch casserole dish. Spread half of cream mixture (about 3½ cups) over crackers; cover with another third of graham crackers and remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining third of graham crackers.
- In a large bowl, beat honey, remaining 1½ cups cream, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over graham crackers.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight before serving. Garnish with zest, if desired.