Can’t decide between ice cream and key lime pie? This almost-effortless recipe blends the two seamlessly.
Key Lime Ice Cream
Yields: 1 quart
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons Key lime zest
- 1 cup fresh Key lime juice
- Garnish: Key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Spread crumb mixture onto a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool; break into pieces. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together cream, condensed milk, and lime zest and juice. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a metal or glass container. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with graham cracker pieces. Garnish with zest, if desired.