Strawberry jam makes this cake extra soft and sweet.
Jam-Swirled Bundt Cake
Makes1 (12-Cup) Bundt Cake
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam
- Liquid red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup warm seedless strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to butter mixture, beating until well combined.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan and tap pan gently on countertop 4 to 5 times to release any air bubbles. Stir together 3 tablespoons remaining batter, jam, and food coloring (if using). Spoon jam mixture over batter within ½ inch from sides of pan. With a knife, gently swirl jam into top of batter. Spoon remaining batter on top of swirled jam.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes, covering with foil after 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Drizzle glaze onto cake; let set for 15 to 20 minutes. Top with warm jam.