This cool and creamy dessert is inspired by our favorite in-flight snacks, including Biscoff cookies, coffee, and peanuts. Make your In-Flight Pie in advance and keep it in the fridge for when you need a little get-away!
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package Biscoff cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy Biscoff spread
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow crème, such as Marshmallow Fluff
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, crushed Biscoff cookies, chopped roasted salted peanuts
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cookies into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and salt. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, approximately 15 minutes. Spoon Biscoff spread evenly into bottom of crust. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat 1⁄4 cup cream until hot, 25 to 30 seconds. Stir in espresso and sugar. Freeze until cold, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat espresso mixture and remaining 1⁄4 cup cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow crème until smooth. Fold espresso whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate until firm, approximately 3 hours or up to 3 days. Garnish with whipped cream, crushed cookies, and peanuts, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/