Make your next happy hour a sweet one with these creative Hummingbird Daquiris.
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- 1½ ounces Banana-Infused Rum (recipe follows)
- 1½ ounce fresh pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce Cinnamon Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Lightly dip the rim of a cocktail or coupe glass into melted chocolate, and then dip into crushed pecans as desired. Set glass upside down to allow chocolate to harden without dripping. Chill glass in fridge for at least 5 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine Banana-Infused Rum, pineapple juice, and Cinnamon Simple Syrup. Add ice. Cover and shake until cold. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
Makes about 2 cups
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1½ cups white rum
- ½ cup aged rum
- Add sliced bananas and both rums into a lidded glass Mason jar. Shake to mix. Seal the jar and let sit in a cool dry place for at least 3 days.
- When ready to use, strain and discard banana solids.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
Makes about 1½ cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cinnamon sticks. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, and allow to infuse for at least 1 hour.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and transfer syrup to a resealable container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks