Take all the beloved flavors of this special-occasion cake and create a simple weeknight baking treat.
Makes 1 (13×9-inch) cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, toasted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- For cake: In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, and oil. Fold in pineapple, banana, and pecans. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at medium speed until very smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla; beat at medium speed until well combined.
- With mixer on low speed, add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip. Starting at one corner, pipe frosting in rows until top of cake is completely covered. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.