Making these hot chocolate cookies and placing marshmallows in the center of each cookie is fun for the whole family!
Hot Chocolate Cookies with Toasty Marshmallows
Yield: approximately 2 dozen cookies
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 2⁄3 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add egg, beating until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, powdered milk, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1⁄3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in sugar mixture. Place on prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are set, approximately 8 minutes. Working quickly, press 1 marshmallow half, cut side down, in center of each cookie.
- Set oven to broil. Watching carefully, broil 5 inches from heat until marshmallows are lightly toasted, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/