Crispy wings drizzled with spice-infused honey? Yes, please!
Honey-Drizzled Chicken Wings
Makes 6 servings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic and herb seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 quarts vegetable oil
- Fresh sage leaves
- Sweet and Spicy Honey (recipe follows)
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut off and discard wing tips; cut wings in half at joint. In a large bowl, toss together chicken wings, garlic and herb seasoning, and 1 tablespoon salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, and eggs until frothy. Add chicken, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sage, pepper, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour oil in a large Dutch oven, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325°. Fry chicken in batches until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Let drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Fry sage leaves until crisp, about 30 seconds. Drain, and sprinkle over wings. Drizzle wings with Sweet and Spicy Honey. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
*We used McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Sweet and Spicy Honey
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a small saucepan, heat all ingredients over medium heat. Cook until honey begins to bubble around edges of pan. Remove from heat, and let cool. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.