Herbed Cloverleaf Rolls
Yield: 3 dozen
Write a review
- 2 (1⁄4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm whole milk (105° to 110°)
- 1 cup warm whole buttermilk (105° to 110°)
- 7 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, stir together yeast, 1⁄2 cup sugar, milk, and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes.
- In another small bowl, stir together bread flour, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine milk mixture, oil, and eggs. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, beating at low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, approximately 5 minutes. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray; add dough, turning to coat top. Loosely cover, and let rise in a warm draft-free place (85°), until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours. Punch dough down; cover, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 3 (12-cup) muffin pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, parsley, chives, and cilantro. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip balls in butter mixture. Place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup. Cover, and let rise in a warm draft-free place (85°) until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours. Brush with any remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake until lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/