Don’t let these easy drop biscuits fool you; they’re filled to the brim with flavor.
Herb and Cheese Drop Biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon-Garlic Mayo (recipe follows)
- 2½ cups whole buttermilk
- 1 (4-ounce) wedge Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray 1 (12-cup) muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in Lemon-Garlic Mayo and buttermilk just until combined.
- Fold in Parmesan and basil.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.