This hearty kale salad is great to make before-hand and take somewhere because it can sit out at room temperature. Can’t find Lacinato kale? Regular curly kale is a perfect substitute.
Harvest Kale Salad Recipe
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus additional, to taste
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, washed, stems removed, and cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 red beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips
- 1⁄2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- Garnish: shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss kale and beets with two-thirds of dressing. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add radish, carrot, apple, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Season with additional salt, pepper, and remaining dressing, if desired. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/