Grilled Vegetable and Pork Kabobs
Write a review
- ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup tupelo honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup apple-cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1.75- to 2-pound) pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1½- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 large orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 12-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, tarragon, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place pork cubes in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour half of vinegar mixture over pork. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- In another large resealable plastic bag, combine squash, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, and red onion. Pour remaining half of vinegar mixture over vegetables. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Remove pork and vegetables from marinade. Skewer pork and vegetables separately onto prepared skewers.
- Spray grill with nonflammable, nonstick cooking spray. Preheat to medium-high heat (400° to 450°).
- Grill pork and vegetables until they reach desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for vegetables and 5 minutes per side for pork.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/