Make a mark on your next cookout with this flavor-packed starter.
Grilled Tomato Bruschetta with Bacon Mayo
- 3 Campari or cocktail tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into
- 8 wedges
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 24 (¼-inch-thick) slices baguette
- ¼ cup cooked and finely chopped thick-cut bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil, tossing until coated.
- On a large cast-iron grill pan, cook tomato mixture over medium heat until vegetables are browned and soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- On same grill pan, cook bread until browned and toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine bacon and mayonnaise, stirring until smooth.
- Chop tomatoes and onion. Finely chop garlic. Stir together tomatoes, onion, garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of bacon mayonnaise onto grilled bread. Spoon 1½ tablespoons tomato mixture onto each toast. Garnish with basil, if desired.