Grilled Southern Chicken Quesadillas
Write a review
- 4 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 3 peaches, peeled, cut in half, and pitted
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken from a prepared rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Garnish: grilled limes
- Spray grill with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400° to 450°).
- Place peppers, peaches, and onion on grill. Grill, covered with grill lid, for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, and let cool completely. Remove skin from jalapeño, and finely chop. Chop peach and onion. Place chopped jalapeño, peaches, and onion in a bowl. Add green onions, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and salt; stir to combine.
- Top half of each tortilla evenly with chicken, cheese, and peach mixture. Fold remaining half of each tortilla over mixture. Grill quesadillas over indirect heat, uncovered, until cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown, approximately 2 minutes per side. Place lime halves, cut side down, on grill, and grill until warm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish quesadillas with grilled limes. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/