Grilled Smashed New Potatoes
Write a review
- 24 small red new potatoes (about 11⁄2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, place potato. Add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the tip of a knife can be easily inserted through potato, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Using a spatula, gently press until potatoes are just smashed but hold their shape.
- Spray a grill rack with nonstick nonflammable grill spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Brush smashed potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill, uncovered, until grill marks form on bottom, approximately 2 minutes. Gently turn potatoes; grill 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley, garlic, zest, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/