Grilled Sausage Skewers with Beer-Mustard Sauce
Write a review
- 2/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/3 cup beer
- 3 (6-inch) links sweet or spicy Italian sausage, cut into 4 pieces each
- ½ medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 (6-inch) skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine mustard and beer. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Thread sausage, onion, and bell pepper pieces onto prepared skewers. Heat a cast-iron griddle with ridged side up over medium heat. Brush skewers with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skewers on griddle. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, 15 to 20 minutes, turning skewers occasionally. Serve with mustard sauce.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/