With a slightly smoky flavor and a bit of heat, this salsa is the perfect crowd-pleaser for a party or family game night.
Grilled Peach Salsa
Makes about 3 cups
- 2 (8-ounce) peaches, peeled, halved, and pits removed
- 1 ear fresh corn, husked
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup seeded, diced tomato
- ¼ cup peeled, diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, fresh lime slices
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Spray grill racks with high-heat cooking spray.
- Cut each peach half in half vertically. Add peaches and corn to grill. Grill peaches for 1½ minutes per side. Grill corn until grill marks appear, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Chop peaches and remove corn from cob.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, corn, cilantro, tomato, cucumber, onion, and serrano; toss well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and red pepper. Add to peach mixture; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with cilantro and lime, if desired.