Grilled Okra with Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Thread approximately 6 okra onto each skewer, piercing near the tops. Thread a second skewer through the bottoms of the okra. Repeat with remaining okra and skewers. Brush okra with olive oil; sprinkle with salt.
- Grill over direct heat until tender and grill marks form, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, orange juice, chile-garlic sauce, and mustard, whisking well. Drizzle 2 tablespoons sauce over grilled okra. Serve remaining sauce for dipping.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/