Serve these skewers as the perfect summertime appetizer.
Grilled Okra, Tomato, and Shrimp Skewers
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp, tails on
- 1 (10-ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 14 small fresh whole okra, halved lengthwise
- 9 metal skewers
- 2 lemons, halved
- Garnish: chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, rosemary, ½ teaspoon salt, and red pepper. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Thread 3 shrimp, 3 tomatoes, and 3 okra halves onto each skewer. Lightly spray with cooking spray or brush with oil. Sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook lemon halves, cut side down, until browned, 5 to6 minutes. Remove from pan. Cook skewers, turning halfway through, until browned on both sides and shrimp are firm, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with grilled lemon halves. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.