Make a fresh, light side with this Grilled Corn Salad. Brightly colored and bursting with fresh summer flavors, this dish will be welcome at any table.
Grilled Corn Salad
Write a review
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced into 1⁄2-inch-thick rings
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°). Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lime juice, canola oil, and salt; set aside.
- Grill bell pepper until charred on all sides, approximately 10 minutes. Place in a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap; let stand until cool enough to handle, approximately 15 minutes. Remove and discard blackened skin, seeds, and membrane from pepper; chop pepper into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- Grill onion until grill marks form, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside to cool. Chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
- Grill corn until a few kernels begin to brown, approximately 3 minutes per side. Let cool completely. Cut kernels from cobs, and place in a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, onion, tomato, avocado, cheese, and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad, tossing to combine.
- If you can't find queso fresco, substitue feta or another salty, crumbly cheese.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/