Seasoned, crispy cabbage drizzled with a creamy, tangy sauce makes an easy side dish for any meal.
Grilled Cabbage Wedges
Yield: approximately 6 Servings
Write a review
- 1 head red or green cabbage (We used half of each.)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat.
- For Grilled Cabbage: Slice cabbage in half, leaving core intact. Slice each half into 3 wedges. Brush wedges with canola oil; season with salt and pepper. When pan begins to smoke, add cabbage, cut side down.
- Cook until cabbage begins to char and soften, approximately 6 minutes per side.
- For Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lime zest and juice, 1 tablespoon water, paprika, salt, and red pepper. Serve over wedges. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/