Take advantage of the season’s juicy peaches with this tasty appetizer recipe! We used Savannah Bee Grill Honey, but wildflower honey can be substituted.
Baked Brie with Peaches
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- ¾ cup grill honey (see note)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 peaches, pitted and halved or quartered
- 2 (4-ounce) packages brie
- 1 (15x6-inch) cedar plank, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Garnish: fresh mint
- Spray grill with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°).
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and lemon juice. Brush peaches with honey mixture. Set aside. Brush cheese with honey mixture. Place cheese on grill.
- Grill over direct heat for 3 minutes. Flip onto prepared plank, and continue grilling, with grill lid closed, for approximately 15 minutes. Remove plank from grill.
- Add peaches to grill grate, flesh side down. Grill, with grill lid closed, for 5 minutes; turn peaches over, brush with honey mixture, and grill for 5 minutes longer. Remove peaches.
- Serve warm with flatbread. Garnish with mint, if desired.
- Note: We used Savannah Bee Grill Honey, which can be purchased at Whole Foods or at savannahbee.com. Wildflower honey can be substituted.
- If cedar plank catches fire, spray with water and resume grilling. The smoke will enhance the flavor of the cheese.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/