These sundaes make a great sweet ending to any summer cookout.
Grilled Banana Splits
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Strawberry ice cream, chocolate sauce, to serve
- Garnish: chopped roasted pistachios, maraschino cherries
- Spray a cast-iron grill pan with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, leaving peels on. Press cut side of banana in sugar to coat. Cook bananas, cut side down, until grill marks form, about 2 minutes.
- Remove peels from bananas. Serve with strawberry ice cream and chocolate sauce. Garnish with pistachios and cherries, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/