Stacking our Grill-Smoked Ribs on top of each other while they smoke allows them to baste in their own juices as they cook. For more info on turning your grill into a smoker, see our guide here.
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 (4- to 6-pounds total) racks St. Louis-style pork ribs
- Rib Rub (recipe follows)
- Using a sharp knife, pierce thin membrane on back of ribs. Peel to remove; discard. Coat ribs with Rib Rub. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap. Prepare grill by preheating to 250°
- Place ribs on unlit side of grill, stacking on top of each other. Grill, covered, for 3 hours. Rotate ribs; grill, covered, until tender, about 3 hours more.
Makes about 2 cups
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients.